ASSOCIATE / SENIOR ASSOCIATE
We are looking to fill the key role of Associate or Senior Associate in our Vancouver office. The individual will participate in all aspects of Vistara’s investment process including initial company screening and analysis, deal structuring support, due diligence, deal execution, ongoing portfolio monitoring and general support. Ability to source deals is not a requirement. Working directly with the Managing Partner and Vice-President, Investments, the individual will be in a very unique and pivotal position to participate in all aspects of the business from tactical execution to helping with strategic investment decisions.
- Investment Evaluation & Execution
- Perform detailed company research and financial analysis, including research on market and competitive positioning
- Participate in all aspects of the due diligence process including direct interaction with senior executives at target companies, customers, partners, etc.
- Detailed review and assessment of target company financial models, thoroughly stress testing assumptions and projections
- Prepare investment return analysis under different scenarios to help with development of appropriate investment structures
- Assist with deal execution process including liaison with legal counsel, advisors and target company representatives
- Monitoring & Reporting
- Perform monthly or other periodic monitoring of portfolio companies to track performance, and ensure ongoing compliance with covenants
- Assist with preparation of periodic fund reporting to Limited Partners
- Value Enhancement
- Assist portfolio companies where applicable on key strategic initiatives (e.g. financings, M&A) when required
QUALIFICATIONS / CHARACTERISTICS:
- Direct buy-side transactional experience in a private equity / VC, asset management, and/or credit environment
- Alternatively (or in addition) as a service provider to any of these types of firms (e.g. Transaction Services group at a leading accounting firm)
- Superior analytical & communication skills – translate voluminous and imperfect data into pertinent information & questions
- Strong financial qualifications and/or designations (i.e. CA, CPA, CBV, CFA)
- High level of Excel proficiency and with web-based research tools
- Familiarity with the technology industry is an asset but not a specific requirement
- Highly organized, able to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Ability to stay focused and interested during detailed due diligence work, with strong attention to detail
- Self-confident and driven with ability to work as a core member of a small entrepreneurial team without significant levels of administrative or other support
- Pro-actively solicits opinions and ideas. Curious and enthusiastic to learn and grow
If you feel you meet and/or exceed the above criteria, and are eager to pursue this unique opportunity, we’d love to hear from you!
Please submit a brief introduction and attach your CV (in confidence) to: email@example.com
Please note that we will receive all submissions directly, but only able to respond to candidates with whom we intend to follow-up.