Vistara Capital Partners is a small team of dedicated professionals who are passionate about enabling growth of the technology ecosystem and at Vistara’s portfolio companies. Interested in joining the team? Please apply to any of the positions below or otherwise, contact us.
Vistara Capital Partners provides highly flexible debt and equity financing solutions to growth stage technology companies across North America. Managed and funded by seasoned technology finance and operating executives, “Vistara” (sanskrit for “Expansion”) is focused on enabling the growth and expansion of the companies it partners with. Vistara was founded in 2015 and is currently investing out of its latest US$100M Vistara Technology Growth Fund III LP, building on success of its prior two funds.
As an Analyst based in our Vancouver head office, you are a key member of our investment team supporting all aspects of the deal process, from origination and due diligence to post-investment portfolio management. You will also assist with strategic initiatives to enable further expansion of Vistara, including optimization of fund systems and processes.
In this position, you will help source, evaluate, and monitor a variety of investment opportunities, gain strong industry and business model expertise, and develop your abilities as a private technology company investor. Our ideal candidate embraces a diverse role in an entrepreneurial organization where they will gain broad exposure to technology company transactions and private fund management.
- Support Investment Origination, Evaluation & Execution:
- Assist the Investment and Marketing teams in identifying and evaluating prospective investment opportunities and managing the deal pipeline through our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Perform financial, strategic, and competitive analysis of prospective investments, including evaluating financial models and facilitating general due diligence efforts.
- Develop and draft short and long form investment theses.
- Assist with Portfolio Company Monitoring:
- Consolidate and analyze performance and trends from portfolio company reporting.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of industry trends and provide other relevant news to the investment team on an ongoing basis.
- Assist with other periodic reporting, including LP and prospective investor data requests.
- Collaborate on Strategic Initiatives:
- Support fund operations, including liaising with Finance and Marketing around investor reporting and company data collection and tracking.
- Optimize reporting from CRM, portfolio tracking, and internal & external communications through technology tools used by the team.
- Other ad-hoc strategic initiatives including the assessment of new technology or processes to maximize overall team productivity.
- Driven with ability to work as a core member of a small entrepreneurial team
- 2-4 years of experience in roles such as: Investment – equity, venture, fund, or credit analyst; Professional Services – corporate finance, transaction services, or consulting; Operations – finance or corporate development at an operating company
- Demonstrated interest in the technology industry
- Familiarity with venture capital and/or subordinated/mezzanine debt structures an asset
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to synthesize large datasets into actionable insights
- Operational mindset keen to optimize processes and productivity
- High level of proficiency in MS Office (particularly Excel) required; experience with other technology systems including CRM an asset
- Highly organized, able to prioritize
- Accounting (CPA / CA) or Finance (e.g. CBV, CFA) designations an asset but not a requirement
- Proactively solicits opinions and ideas. Curious and enthusiastic to learn and grow.
If you meet the above criteria and are eager to pursue this unique investment opportunity, please send your application, including a cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We sincerely appreciate all submissions, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.